Now that the elections are finished it’s time to start holding politicians to their promises and building even more support for walking and cycling. We will be working with groups of all descriptions to help them make the case for our three asks at both national and local levels:
- Investment: Provide sustained, long term investment in both cycling and walking, reaching 10% of the transport budget
- Infrastructure: Build and maintain dedicated cycling infrastructure suitable for people of all ages and abilities
- Local action: To solve the main local barriers to active travel, as identified by residents and businesses
Want to get involved? Here’s how you can help:
- if you’re an individual here are some easy (and not-so-easy) actions you can take
- if you’re a local group or national group why not join us as a supporting organisation?
- if you are thinking of starting a local campaigning group – get in touch and we will do what we can to help – email firstname.lastname@example.org
We Walk, We Cycle, We Vote is a collaborative campaign supported by a wide range of organisations across Scotland, from community and active travel groups to health charities. Find out more.